Flatbread Chips with Hummus Dip
This is an easy-to-make fun recipe for adults and kids.
1 thin-crust flatbread or thin-crust pizza (300 g makes 32 chips)
Washed and prepared raw veggies; try: carrots, sugar snap peas, peppers, zucchini, celery or jicama sticks, or small pieces of broccoli or cauliflower
1 container of hummus
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Use flatbread or thin-crust pizza. Cut into triangles the size of taco chips. To create some fun shapes, you can cut the flatbread with a metal cookie cutter, although you’ll end up with some smaller ends and pieces too.
3. Spread single layer on a baking sheet. Bake one side only for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. The chips can be eaten warm or stored in a container to eat the next day.
5. Dip the flatbread chips in the hummus, along with the veggies.
Nutrition Facts PER 6 chips* with 2 tbsp hummus
Net Carbs 27 g
Protein 8 g
Fat 9 g
Sodium 293 mg
*Based on regular flatbread.